Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (RYGB)
Only one incision is made through belly button.
Back to:Weight Loss Surgeries
with a Buddy!
Do you have a friend or family member who is going to get weight loss surgery? Do it together!
- Save $100 per surgery.
- Share a large double room at the hospital.
- Share the hotel room with two queen-sized beds.
- A friend or family member experiencing the exact same things as you.
Support each other in Mexico and have a weight loss surgery twin for life!
Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) is the second most common type of gastric bypass weight loss surgery performed today. It is usually laparoscopic. It is reversible if necessary, but is designed to be permanent. BariatricPal ospital MX’s surgeons are recognized experts in Laproscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass surgery. They’ve performed thousands of Gastric Bypass procedures with the lowest complication rates in Mexico and zero fatalities. You will not find a more experienced Gastric Bypass surgical team - anywhere!
In the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) procedure, the surgeon first divides your stomach, leaving a smaller upper portion and stitching shut the larger remainder of your stomach so that it can’t be used anymore. Normally, food in your stomach empties to the upper portion of the small intestine. In RYGB, the surgeon attaches the small stomach pouch to a place lower down on the small intestine, thus “bypassing” the majority of your stomach, the duodenum (upper portion of your small intestine) and at least part of the jejunum (middle portion of your small intestine).
A long-limb RYGB procedure bypasses more of your intestine; in this case, the surgeon attaches your newly formed small stomach pouch to a place even lower on your small intestine. The long-limbed RYGB procedure can lead to faster weight loss because of greater nutrient malabsorption (fewer nutrients absorbed). Why is the procedure called “Roux-en-Y?” The gastric pouch is called the “roux limb,” and the “Y” shape is formed by the three arms coming together at a junction. The three parts are:
- The small stomach pouch that holds food
- The large stomach pouch that secretes digestive juices
- The far portion of the small intestine that the two portions of the stomach are connected to
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery
Advantages of the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- No bands, staples or other foreign objects in your body
- An established procedure with more research on safety and effectiveness than other procedures
- More weight loss in the first year than the gastric sleeve and the adjustable gastric band (lap-band)
- Reversible if necessary (but not easily)
- Can be revised to a longer-limb Roux-en-Y gastric bypass if an initial short-limb procedure does not lead to expected weight loss.
- Quick improvements in your health, especially in your blood sugar control with better insulin resistance, lower blood sugar levels and possible resolution of diabetes.
- May be a good choice for individuals with a sweet tooth because sweet foods are not typically tolerated.
Weight Loss and the Roux-en-Y (RYGB)
- Rapid weight loss in first 6 to 12 months
- About 65 to 70% of excess weight loss (EWL) within 2 years
- Often more than 100 pounds lost
- The RYGB is restrictive and malapsorptive and it affects your appetite hormones
The cost of bariatric surgery is prohibitive for many patients who would otherwise benefit from treatment. Medical tourism is a safe and effective choice to reduce the high cost of expensive surgical procedures, especially when your insurance doesn't cover weight loss surgery. At BariatricPal Hospital MX, you can easily afford your weight loss procedures and achieve your weight loss goals with our financing and payment plan options.
We have exclusive partnerships with two finance companies:
If you're considering surgery to improve your health and appearance, but you're concerned with the associated costs, please contact us to schedule a financing consultation. Weight loss surgery is a life-saving procedure. Our experts will help you find a plan that works with your budget so you can enjoy a healthier, more productive life.
All-Inclusive Weight Loss Surgery for One Low Price!
There are no hidden fees or expenses. It’s an all-inclusive, affordable surgery package! Your weight loss surgery package includes:
Surgery and related expenses
- The surgical procedure
- Fees for the lead surgeon Dr. Illan, two other surgeons, the anesthesiologist, a doctor, and a surgeon’s assistant or nurse
- Exclusive disposable surgical material:
- Tri-staple™ technology titanium staples by Medtronic™ providing outstanding performance for your surgery.
- LigaSure™ blood vessel sealer and divider for optimal safety and results.
- Endo Stitch™ absorbable suture to reinforce the staple line for added security and safety.
- Pre-op blood tests, chest x-ray, EKG, and cardiologist evaluation
- Prescription and discharge medications.
- Required paperwork or reports for you to take home for your records and doctors
All ground transportation
- Pick-up from and drop-off at the San Diego Airport before and after surgery
- Transportation between the hospital and the hotel
5-star accommodations in Mexico
- 2 nights in our hospital for sleeve gastrectomy or mini gastric bypass or 3 nights in our hospital for Roux-en-Y gastric bypass or duodenal switch
- 1 night in the Real Inn Tijuana for recovery after your surgery
- Wi-Fi for your stay in the hospital and hotel
- US Cable TV & Netflix in all hospital rooms
- Free long distance calls to the US and Canada from the hospital
- A companion can stay with you at the hotel at no additional charge
- Free private tour of Rosarito Beach and Tijuana
Full support during your stay
- Dedicated valets to assist you and your companion at the hospital and hotel
- 24-hr support from BariatricPal staff in the U.S. and Mexico
- English speaking staff during your whole stay with us
- Lifetime nutritional support
- Direct access (email and phone number) to Dr. Illan after surgery for follow-up
- Access to our private Facebook group for unlimited information and support
- Access to Pre- and Post-Op Psychological Education for Optimal Long-Term Success via MindPrep™ by Dr. Connie Stapleton, Ph.D
- Free 30 day supply of BariatricPal [Multivitamin ONE(https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/multivitamins/products/bariatricpal-multivitamin-one-1-per-day-bariatric-multivitamin-capsule-with-45mg-iron) Bariatric Multivitamin.