Meet Your Surgeon:
Dr. Jalil Illan
Top-Ranked, Board-Certified, Extensively Experienced Bariatric Surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico
From first contact with your surgical team to your post-op care back at home, you're in the best of hands. Don't settle for anything less than excellence.
Member of ASMBS
Your bariatric surgeon is recognized in the States as an international member of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).Schedule a Free Consultation
Dr. Jalil Illan, Bariatric Surgeon, BariatricPal Hospital MX
Dr. Jalil Illan M.D. is a top ranked, board-certified weight loss surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico.
He is a recognized expert in laparoscopic surgery who has performed over 5,500 laparoscopic procedures, 4,000 bariatric surgeries and took part in over 9,000 metabolic and bariatric surgical procedures.View Dr. Illan's Credentials
Dr. Illan and his bariatric anesthesiologist Dr. Thanya Curiel chose a team of dedicated and experienced Tijuana bariatric surgeons, dietitians, nurses, and support staff who pride themselves on superior patient care and long-term weight loss success.Schedule a Consultation
What You Need to Know About Dr. Illan:
- He has also completed advanced training in Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding and Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy.
- Dr. Illan currently serves as Chief of the Emergency Room Surgery at Regional Hospital IMSS #1 (Baja California area).
- On June 27th, 2017, Dr. Illan was admitted as an international member of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
- On December 5th, 2016, Dr. Illan was voted as one of the BEST Weight Loss Surgeons in Tijuana by his surgical peers!
- Dr. Jalil Illan is known for his expertise in minimally invasive surgery and has earned an international reputation as a top Tijuana bariatric surgeon.
Dr. Illan's Intensive Medical Education
- Baja California University College of Medicine
- Residency, General Hospital of Sonora
- Fellowship, Mexico City and Tijuana with Dr. Juan Lopez Corvalá
- Fellowship, Sao Paulo Brasil with Dr. Almino Cardoso
- US Fellowship, Fresno Heart and Surgical Hospital, Fresno, California
Dr. Illan's Advanced Courses & Surgical Training
- Laparoscopic Surgical Techniques
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding
- Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
Dr. Illan's Professional Memberships
- Member, American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Member, Hospital Ethics Committee at Regional Hospital IMSS No. 1
- Member, Mexican College for the Surgery of Obesity A. C.
- Life Member, The International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Member, Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Member, Mexican Association of General Surgery
- Member, Latin American Federation of Surgery
- Member, International Society of Surgery
- Member, Tijuana Medical Board
- Member, Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgery
Meet Your Certified Nutritionist &
Wellness Coach Stacy Eckel
Stacy is dedicated to helping you both before and after your weight loss or reconstructive surgery. She is not only a certified nutritionist who will help you get the weight off and keep it off, she's also a bariatric patient herself. Contact Stacy with any and all questions about your diet and nutrition. She's always available to you pre- and post-operation, no matter how long after surgery.Schedule a Free Consultation
Meet Your Patient Relations
Director Bill Yanez
Bill is your personal contact who will guide you through your weight loss or reconstructive surgery experience. Contact Bill to get started today to change your life for the better. He is ready to welcome you on board and walk you through the entire process, starting with registration and scheduling surgery or a consult. Contact Bill to get started today to change your life for the better.Schedule a Free Consultation
All-Inclusive Weight Loss Surgery for One Low Price!
There are no hidden fees or expenses. It’s an all-inclusive, affordable surgery package! Your weight loss surgery package includes:
Surgery and related expenses
- The surgical procedure
- Fees for the lead surgeon Dr. Illan, two other surgeons, the anesthesiologist, a doctor, and a surgeon’s assistant or nurse
- Exclusive disposable surgical material:
- Tri-staple™ technology titanium staples by Medtronic™ providing outstanding performance for your surgery.
- LigaSure™ blood vessel sealer and divider for optimal safety and results.
- Endo Stitch™ absorbable suture to reinforce the staple line for added security and safety.
- Pre-op blood tests, chest x-ray, EKG, and cardiologist evaluation
- Prescription and discharge medications.
- Required paperwork or reports for you to take home for your records and doctors
All ground transportation
- Pick-up from and drop-off at the San Diego Airport before and after surgery
- Transportation between the hospital and the hotel
5-star accommodations in Mexico
- 2 nights in our hospital for sleeve gastrectomy or mini gastric bypass or 3 nights in our hospital for Roux-en-Y gastric bypass or duodenal switch
- 1 night in the Real Inn Tijuana for recovery after your surgery
- Wi-Fi for your stay in the hospital and hotel
- US Cable TV & Netflix in all hospital rooms
- Free long distance calls to the US and Canada from the hospital
- A companion can stay with you at the hotel at no additional charge
- Free private tour of Rosarito Beach and Tijuana
Full support during your stay
- Dedicated valets to assist you and your companion at the hospital and hotel
- 24-hr support from BariatricPal staff in the U.S. and Mexico
- English speaking staff during your whole stay with us
- Lifetime nutritional support
- Direct access (email and phone number) to Dr. Illan after surgery for follow-up
- Access to our private Facebook group for unlimited information and support
- Access to Pre- and Post-Op Psychological Education for Optimal Long-Term Success via MindPrep™ by Dr. Connie Stapleton, Ph.D
- Free 30 day supply of BariatricPal [Multivitamin ONE(https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/multivitamins/products/bariatricpal-multivitamin-one-1-per-day-bariatric-multivitamin-capsule-with-45mg-iron) Bariatric Multivitamin.
A Hospital Designed for You
How would you like to have surgery in a hospital designed specifically for you? That dream becomes reality when you choose BariatricPal Hospital MX. We built the hospital for BariatricPal patients, and continue to own and operate the facility. We perform successful weight loss surgeries every single day. BariatricPal Hospital MX is the only hospital of its kind in Mexico. Why would you go anywhere else?